Five terrorists killed in IBO’s in Balochistan’s Panjgur: security sources

Sources say terrorists had been travelling on motorcycles and were planning to carry out a major terrorist attack

Security forces pictured during a patrol. — FILE PHOTO

Security forces killed five terrorists during an intelligence-based operation (IBO) in Balochistan’s Panjgur district, Radio Pakistan reported on Thursday, citing security sources, as they continued operations against Fitna al-Hindustan under Operation Radd-ul-Fitna-3.

“Security forces conducted a successful intelligence-based operation in Kali Soran, Panjgur, killing five terrorists belonging to Fitna al-Hindustan and injuring several others,” Radio Pakistan quoted security sources as saying.

The federal government last year officially designated all terrorist groups operating in Balochistan as ‘Fitna al-Hindustan‘, accusing India of sponsoring a proxy war through these outfits. Fitna al-Khawarij is the state-designated term for the banned outfit Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).

The high-tempo intelligence-driven operations were conducted as part of the ongoing “Radd-ul-Fitna-3” campaign, which the military’s media wing has described as a counterterrorism operation aimed at eliminating Indian proxies.

According to security sources, “The operation took place in the Kali Soran area of Panjgur, where security forces targeted the terrorists and several others were also wounded during the operation.”

The terrorists had been travelling on motorcycles and were planning to carry out a major terrorist attack, the sources added.

It further added that security forces used advanced technology and weapons to successfully target the terrorists during the operation.

A large quantity of modern weapons and ammunition was recovered from the dead terrorists, along with three vehicles, two motorcycles, an improvised explosive device (IED) and a flag belonging to the proscribed organisation, the sources said.

“The terrorists had been involved in looting local residents, extortion, kidnapping for ransom and targeted killings, as well as planning suicide attacks,” the sources added.

Security forces remain committed to eliminating terrorism from Balochistan and said operations would continue until the “last terrorist” had been eliminated.

Read: Security forces killed over nine terrorists in Balochistan IBOs

On Tuesday, Security forces killed more than nine terrorists in different IBOs in Ziarat, Harnai and Surab districts of Balochistan. A day before that, security forces killed six terrorists in separate IBOs in Balochistan, with four killed in an operation in the border area between Ziarat and Harnai and two others in Killi Zaik.

On August 16, seven terrorists affiliated with Fitna-al-Khawarij were killed and several others wounded in an intelligence-based operation in Kharan district, according to security sources. The operation was carried out in the Lajay area of Kharan under Operation Radd-ul-Fitna-3 following intelligence reports about the presence of terrorists.

In an operation on August 10, security forces killed five terrorists, including a key commander identified as Wazir, son of Jamal, in Balochistan’s Panjgur district, according to security sources. The operation was carried out in the Sarkeni and Chidgi areas under Operation Radd-ul-Fitna-3.

On August 9, security forces killed 15 terrorists in intelligence-based operations across Mastung, Bolan, Washuk, Awaran, Sibi, Khuzdar, Harnai and Noshki under Operation Radd-ul-Fitna-3. A large quantity of weapons and ammunition was also recovered, while the operations significantly disrupted the terrorists’ network and restricted their movement across Balochistan, the sources said.

Also on August 6, security forces killed 12 terrorists belonging to Fitna al-Hindustan during IBOs in the Washuk and Mastung districts of Balochistan, the military’s media wing reported.

Terrorism is a growing problem for Pakistan, with the number of attacks rising every year since 2022, according to Armed Conflict Location & Event Data (ACLED), a global monitoring organisation. Data from ACLED shows attacks in Pakistan rose nearly fourfold to 2,425 in 2025 from 658 in 2022, and over the same period, TTP attacks increased more than sevenfold to 838 from 118.

Read More: Six terrorists killed in separate IBOs in Balochistan

Although Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa has borne the brunt of terrorism, Balochistan has also remained a major target of Indian proxies, which often target civilians and military installations in the province.

In one such attack on the last day of 2025, terrorists targeted innocent civilians in Balochistan’s Gwadar and Kharan districts, where 18 people, including women, children, the elderly and labourers, embraced martyrdom.

The forces continued operations across the provinces against what the state describes as Indian-sponsored terrorists and their proxies, but despite these efforts, the groups have continued to target civilian and defence installations.

Earlier this month, at least 30 people, including 27 police personnel, were martyred when terrorists identified by the state as the Indian proxy Fitna al-Hindustan ambushed police personnel deployed in the Kach Mangi Phase III area of Ziarat, triggering hours-long gun battles. The attackers also abducted several civilians and police personnel after the assault.

In the aftermath of the attack, the Pakistan Army, Frontier Corps and Balochistan Police launched a joint operation, which remains underway, with forces intensifying action against terrorists across the province.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *